Friday, May 15, 2015

Comfort

Yeah.

Comfort is waking up to the sound of rain on the roof, smiling, and going back to sleep.  It's being vaguely aware during the night that the heater is doing its thing.  It's waking up at my usual ungodly hour and making fresh coffee.  And re-heating it in the microwave. It's having a weak but reliable signal from Verizon (1 bar of 4G/LTE.) It's reviewing my trip expenditures past and planned and confirming that all is on track.  It's having an iPad stuffed full of new books to read, and a laptop with lots of movies I like.  If Weather Underground is right, there will be some breaks in the rain when I can get in a walk or two. It's knowing that if something went wrong, the camp host is just up the way.  He gave me his cell number, just in case.  (I think the cane spooks people a bit.)

Now about that snow that's forecast for tomorrow morning...

1 comment: