Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Off we go!

Looks like spots at City of Rocks are a hot ticket!  One of the spaces that was available as of last night had been taken by this morning.

So ... I'm reserved there, arriving Monday April 6, departing Thursday April 9.  Three days.   I'm ambivalent about the reservation systems in use for state park systems like this: Arizona has a similar set-up.  On the one hand, it's nice to know there'll be a spot for me.  On the other, there's a $12 transaction fee for making the reservation on-line. NM has contracted with an outfit called "Reserve America" to provide this system.  I guess I'm OK with that ...

I'll figure out where I go after City of Rocks later.  This will at least get me out of here and on the road.  At the latest, I'll return to Tucson Sunday April 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment