Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Not so footloose ...

My notion of wandering northward as I please turns out to have problems.

As the map indicates, I'm thinking of heading for City of Rocks state park in New Mexico my first night out.  They have a web site.  They have on-line reservations.  And they're about full up for the date(s) I had in mind.  Looks like I'll have to make a reservation and make up my mind pretty quick!

And the boondocking spots I was thinking of further north on state land?  Not open until May 1.

Hmmm.  Gotta think about this ... but not tonight.


2 comments:

  1. I'm reminded of a short-lived summer replacement series from 1993 called "Johnny Bago" about a man on the lam from the law and the mob who somehow wound up with an RV as his only home and transport. His chief pursuer was his ex wife,who was also his parole officer. Too bad it didn't catch on - I thought it had potential. Oh, and Jimmy Buffett sang the memorable theme song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPTZISAjjJA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I missed that one, like most TV shows. But the YouTube comments sound like it had a small but energetic fan base.

    ReplyDelete