Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Plans

Hi, I'm Rich, and I'm a Planner.

It turns out I'm really bad at just wandering, taking it one day at a time.  Really really bad.

I have the first 11 days of the next venture pretty well scoped out; I'm indeed headed for Cascade, ID. I'm staying at a commercial RV resort which is located on a riverbank and a few minutes walk to the town center, with some restaurants, bars, stores, etc.  Small western city.  Like, really small. 2010 census shows 939 people.  Industry: tourism.

I'll drive pretty much straight through to get there: Flagstaff AZ, Mt Carmel Junction UT (right near Zion,) Orem UT, Burley, ID. Then 7 days of hanging out by the river.

I'm driving through some real pretty country, some of which I've visited or gone through before, and some is new.

I'm stoked.


2 comments:

  1. Hello Rich,
    Sounds like a great trip and a nice destination. You will be seeing some great country. I'm envious. Be safe. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darrell: thanks. It gets even better. I'm thinking I'll go a bit north from Cascade, then get on US 12 headed toward Missoula MT. Tons of Forest Service campsites along that road, a hot spring ... sounds good. Thanks for the comment! It's good to know someone's out there.

    ReplyDelete