Monday, April 6, 2015

An unsettling beginning

Not easy to see.  Cut lock cable.


My grandmother called it "journey proud:"  sleeplessness the night before a trip. I woke up at 2-something AM, and as I stumbled around the house, I discovered I'd packed all the coffee. So I walked over to where the rig is parked, and saw this.  The braided cable and lock I'd used as part of the "system" to protect the bike on its traveling rack had been cut.  The cut cable (and lock) were left on the ground beneath the rack.  There was no evidence of tampering with anything else; the rig was untouched.  I'll look more carefully when daylight hits.

And I was concerned about security in Walmart parking lots!

Back to sleep, if I can ... and now I have coffee for when I want to wake up.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer. I take it that the bike was not mounted, and therefore not stolen. When I see profitless amateur crime like this, my first thought is "tweaker." I'm glad the damage was minimal.

    One cool thing: "Journey proud." I didn't know there was a name for it. My Dad, when traveling alone, was often on the road at 3:30 or 4 am because he was "journey proud."

    ReplyDelete