Saturday, February 7, 2015

It's getting real, and thoughts on yesterday's repair adventure

This blog thing is getting real, that is.  I just recorded a visit from someone who seems to be in Izmir, Turkey.  I don't know who you are, or how you found me, but welcome!

I'm still feeling smug about yesterday's repairs on the roof.  The experience had a lot of layers:
  • I'm not really happy up there: back and knee issues make that kind of scrambling around painful and sometimes scary.  
  • I wasn't sure about whether I'd actually be able to do the repair job on the vent cover. 
  • Trying to set up camera angles so as to capture the "action" was something of a distraction, and obviously didn't work perfectly.
But it all worked.  A few days ago, I wondered if I could do this kind of DIY work on the rig.  So far, so good. Replacing the a/c cover may take a second pair of hands, just to get the thing in place, but there's a couple of people I can probably talk into helping with that project.

So on we go.   I'll take a picture of the competed project and put it up here so you can see what I actually did.  I can't believe I didn't get that shot, but by the time I was done up there I just wanted to get off the damn roof!

No comments:

Post a Comment