Sunday, December 20, 2015

Itchy feet in the winter

I've been really wanting to get out for a while. No particular destination in mind, just ... out.  One of the things I leaned on my short trip to Buenos Aires sanctuary a while back is that short trips are a bother.  The "overhead" of getting ready to go on the road and packing up after I get home is pretty much the same whether I'm going out for a few days or a few weeks.  And for a few days, it's just not worth it.

I've felt like I want to get out for a few weeks now.  But there have been just enough things here in Tucson which demanded attention (like, for example, at the moment: Getting the hot tub fixed!) that it's been hard to see how to clear anything like a week.  And then there's the where to go issue.  My thought was to go over to the Quartzite area near the AZ/CA border. Every RV'er in the world goes there right after Christmas, near as I can tell, and this is not an appealing prospect:


The Really Big RV show in Quartzite, AZ in  January


So I'm considering options.  Factors are temperature, crowding, relative closeness. And it would be nice if the scenery was attractive. I'll share my thoughts when I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment