Monday, May 25, 2015

Over the hill(s)

It wasn't a lot of miles today, but it took a lot out of me.  Up Glenwood Canyon, then over Vail Pass, through the Eisenhower Tunnel, and down into Boulder.  A quick glass of wine with Donna (ex-wife and good friend) and then to son Mike's place.  I moved into their guest "suite," had a wonderful long hot shower, and dinner with Mike, Amy, and Matthew.

Mike's off to a social gathering at the Odd Fellows' lodge, and I'm going to settle in to read and fall asleep.

I'm amused by how BIG the guest quarters here feel, after a couple of weeks of living in the Beast.  One bedroom, living room, kitchen.  Bathroom.  Huge, I tell you.

Donna and I will have breakfast tomorrow; lunch with Mike. After that, unplanned.  It's rainy and cool, of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment