Saturday, April 25, 2015

Itchy feet and this blog

Itchy feet:

I've got the next trip sketched out now. Wander north for a lotta miles and more than a week through Arizona, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming.  At this point the turning-around point may be the Bear Lodge Resort up in the Big Horn mountains outside of Sheridan, WY.  From there, back south and a bit east to see family in Boulder, and then home.  I'm guessing this is about a three-week jaunt.

When?  It may be a few weeks before I can take off.  I'm guessing that the earliest I can leave here is sometime early in the week of May 10.  Probably later than that.  I'm feeling good about the RV: gotta do something about the sink faucet, but other than that it's in good shape.

The blog:

I'm not going to try to make this into a travelogue.  If I tell you I'm going through White Sands National Monument, for example, you can get more information and better pictures than I can take with just a few clicks or taps. That's not to say there won't be any pictures and/or short videos, but the story here will mostly be words.  I can do words reasonably quickly and well, and words burn less of my data allotment than more visual stuff.

As I've said before, I'm not out to monetize this blog or try to pay for travel expenses this way.  I'm not trying to create a "brand" for my "channel."  This is more a way for me to keep in touch with family and extended family so y'all know that I'm still alive and what I'm up to.  

Today I really have to crawl under the sink and see what to do about the faucet.  Really.  Maybe that will be worth a picture!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Rich,
    I agree 100% about not monetizing the blog. I feel the same about mine, but I will continue to post pictures in mine. My daughter shows her 3rd grade class my blog and they like the pictures. I also intend to have my blog printed so my grandkids will be able to see it when they get older and can understand it. I like to imagine a grandchild going to some of the places I've been and locate the place where I took a picture by looking at my blog pictures. I post alot of pictures and rarely use much more than 20 GB although I have 30 in my plan.
    Safe travels, and I may Cya down the road.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought about the "legacy" possibilities; my grandson is 5 1/2 and *very* computer literate. He's not up to email yet. Pictures, though, would very much be up his alley. I have to go talk to Verizon about data plans. Again. I just upped mine from 5GB to 10GB, and that's not gonna cut it for a month on the road.

      Delete