Monday, May 12, 2014

Parker Canyon Lake




View from my campsite

Emma liked it here!

Lakeside walk this morning

This place was as pleasant as David's Oasis was barren.  It's a US Forest Service campsite, which means pit toilets and no "amenities."  Dry camping.  But the sites are roomy and level, and the surroundings couldn't be nicer.  The fishing here is apparently pretty good, and canoes can be rented at a small "marina" if you want to go poke around the lake.  The drive in on AZ 83 has its challenging moments: in places, it's a 1 1/2 lane blacktop.  Lots of ups and downs and sharp turns.

It's not exactly on the way from anywhere to anywhere else, but it's a great quiet pleasant spot down near the Mexican border.  It's the kind of place I imagined I'd find when I thought about getting an RV, and I'm grateful to Steve for pointing me toward it.  It's only a couple of hours from Tucson, and I can imagine going back for a weekend of relative cool of 5400 feet elevation.  It's bear country, and bear-proof trash cans are provided.

The stars ... !

No comments:

Post a Comment