Monday, April 7, 2014

Ruh-roh Part II

Getting closer, thanks to Mike Muller.


Seems like my strip of breakers is made up of components kinda like this.  There are several examples on line of different models: metal, plastic, with various brackets to hold it in place.  In every case, there are two screw terminals, and what I assume is the reset button is on the end near the shorter brass terminal.  These are from the Optifuse site.

My breakers are all in a nice row, with the short terminals facing in the same direction.   And access to the ends where it seems likely the reset buttons are is blocked by a piece of plastic (?) which holds the whole thing in place.

Either the whole mishegas has to be disassembled, or (maybe!) I can slide a thin piece of plastic in there and manipulate the reset button without seeing what I'm doing or really knowing what I'm doing.   Yeah, right.

Any bright ideas out there?




No comments:

Post a Comment