Monday, April 21, 2014

Baptism ...

... by water, actually. Damn near by immersion.

I spent a lot of the day sanitizing the fresh water system in the Beast.  I'd drained the tanks a day or so ago, so I drove it to my friend Bruce's place to push some chlorinated water through it in a location with water, electric, and a gravel drive to drain things into.

Tedious.  Mostly from waiting three hours for the chemicals to do their work.  And then drain it.  And then flush it out until the water doesn't smell like chlorine.  It'll take less time next time, of course, now that I know what I'm doing.

It was hot.  Not Tucson hot, just ordinary hot.   At one point I pulled the drain plug on the hot water tank to make sure I had gotten it fully drained.   I'd gotten it fully pressurized, is what I'd done, and took the brunt of a 6 gallon shower in about 10 seconds.  I smelled like Clorox for the rest of the day.

I did get an email from the manufacturer this morning with the specs fully, well, specified.  Some of it I'd doped out, but the water tank is smaller than I thought (36 gallons, not 45) and so is the hot water tank (6 gallons, not 10).

So now I take it to Buck's for a lube, oil change, filter and then I think I'm ready to hit the road to somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment