Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Hold 'er in Boulder?

That's pretty cheesy, huh?  At any rate, I'm here in Boulder, staying with my son and his family.  Long hot showers, a bed that goes on forever, and more space than I know what to do with.

This urban idyll comes to an end tomorrow; time to saddle up again and head out of town.

Ever since I decided to come over here to take advantage of some unexpected available time in my kid's guest apartment (it's listed on Airbnb and usually booked solid) I wasn't clear on what would happen next.  My original schedule had me arriving back in Tucson on Monday June 1.  That was fairly arbitrary: it was a guess that three weeks on the road would be enough. That now seems about right.

It's a two long days from here to home; three easier days.

Part of me feels like the trip is over; I've re-entered the real world and that's that.   Head for home; sleep in parking lots.  But there's some nice country between here and there ... and some people I know in towns along the way.  I dunno.  I have a day to ponder this.

Right now it's time to venture out into Boulder and check out a breakfast place called "Snooze."

It's sunny, for a wonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment